Meditation: enrichment for your body and soul
Meditation is a culmination of the Yogic and Ayurvedic knowledge. Meditation is not just a matter of closing one’s eyes and sitting silently. It is our ability to contact our true Self which is the source of life and intelligence. Meditation helps promote our highest impulses and also roots out harmful and intractable ones. It involves placing the mind in a calm and concentrated state so our mental energies can be renewed and transformed.
In a modern world that values activity, achievements and results, it is perhaps surprising that more people are turning to meditation. For all the activity of modern society, many still feel a fundamental need for silence, inner peace, and a moment of reflection. Meditation can reduce stress and help us relax; but, it can also give us a lot more. These are some of the benefits that daily meditation can give us.
Some of the spiritual benefits of meditation are
- Experience oneness with the divine
- Intuitive power strengthens
- Heightened sense of unconditional love
- Improved psychic abilities
- Feeling of empowerment
- Deeper understanding of life
- Experience absolute happiness
- Clear vision of the true purpose of life
Some health benefits of meditation are
- Enhances immunity. Research has revealed that meditation increases activity of ‘natural-killer cells’, which kill bacteria and cancer cells.
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Increases blood circulation
- Improvement in concentration
- Helps in post-operative healing
- Reduces activity of viruses and bacteria
- Helps in the cure of chronic diseases like allergies , arthritis etc
- It increases serotonin production which influences mood and behaviour. Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, obesity, insomnia and headaches.
Psychological benefits of Meditation
- Improvement in creativity
- Reduces anxiety
- Reduces depression
- Reduces mood swings
- Clarity in thinking and reasoning ability
- Improvement in emotional stability
- Improved memory
Meditation helps in improving the vital life energy, which is needed for healthy body and mind. It also plays an important role in controlling emotional pollution in our lives. It fills every cell of our body with the vital life energy and as this energy increases happiness within our heart increases. It is also a means to tap our highest potential.